Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hay Hay It's Donna Day #2... The Moment of Truth...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Now for the moment that we've all been waiting for... Who takes it? Who wins? Who's macaroons reigns supreme? And the winner is Iron Chef Clare from Eatstuff! Her amazingly cute bunny shaped Ruby Red Grapefruit and Lime Macaroons have definitely won the hearts and votes of many. Congrats Clare! The made in Japan transportation themed cookie cutter set is yours plus we look forward to you being the next hostess for the Hay Hay It's Donna Day event.

I wish to thank everyone again for participating in this event and for casting votes. It was really a tough competition and I think that everybody is a winner because you've all put in so much effort to create such an impressive show of macaroons! I'm really really proud of you all!

Lastly, I also hope that more people around the world would get to know about Donna Hay and fall in love with her great recipes, ideas, magazines and cook books. For your info, I hadn't knew about Donna until just recently too. But believe me, just read her magazine once and you'll know what she's really made of. She's just great and I''m sure may will agree with this statement. A dear voter, asked me if Donna Hay actually knows about this event? To answer her question, well, I don't exactly know. But maybe she will get to know about it one day ;p. Until then, let's look forward to the next Donna Day event at Eatstuff! Go Clare!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Barbara said...

The Donna Hay magazine do know I was planning the event as I asked them if they would donate a cookbook as a prize. At the time their budget was already spent for the year.I am hoping they will donate something this year.

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Anonymous Clare Eats said...

Thank you!!!!!
I am so excited :)

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

wow! I'm impressed by the work of all of it.

I gotta buy an oven but must look for space in my tiny little studio staff quarters....then I will try and participate .

Cheers!

Sunday, 12 February, 2006  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Thanks so much for organising the event even though you were so busy. Can't wait for the next one when Clare is organising. Wow to Donna Hay knowing about it.

Wednesday, 15 February, 2006  
Blogger Caroline@Bibliocook.com said...

Well done Clare! Cutie little bunnies...could you bear to eat them?

Friday, 17 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home