Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Sunday, December 04, 2005

November 2005 - Food Blog Events Round-up

November is definitely the month for me. Despite my busy schedule, I have managed to sqeeze in some time to participate in a few of the nicest food blog events on the Internet. I started off by making cupcakes in the event called Hay! Hay! It's Donna Day: Self Frosting Cupcakes. It was overall really delightful because I also happen to be the winner of this event. Check out the round-up here:

Next, I baked chicken pies to bring to the monthly Virtual Blog Party. It was my the first pie attempt and I was really pleased with the results. Khang Wei from Tangerine Taste liked the recipe and also made this for his girlfriend. It was his first attempt in baking too. Really sweet of him yes? Anyway, see what fabulous dishes other bloggers have brought to the party this time by visiting the below link:

Now, I'm really hoping that my Gingerbread Bears will win the joint SHF/IMBB event called Virtual Cookie Swap. They'll be giving away a great cookie book called 'Cookie Sutra' to 12 lucky winners.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Getting a little political here aren't we?...

The round up is already out and I could see that competition is really really tough. Come on and join in the vote! Just read through the round-ups and e-mail your top 3 favourite cookie recipes to this address, cookieswap@gmail.com...

3 Comments:

Blogger Greenapple said...

hey, i love the gingerbread you made ... so lovely and adorable ...

can i buy some from you? ha!

besides, why dun you attend culinary school on a part-time schedule and still work full-time? i feel that it's a waste if you aren't making good use of your cooking ability .. don't live a regret life, seize your day and may you make your best out of it!

Sunday, 04 December, 2005  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

wish u all the best :)

Monday, 05 December, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Greenapple,
Thanks for the encouragement!

Yeah, good idea! Maybe I'll look around for a cooking class to attend. Can't seem to find much here though ;p

Jelly,
Haha. TQ!

Monday, 05 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home