Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Monday, December 19, 2005

Food Tidings from Hotel Equatorial, Penang

I recieved a little Christmas card-like promotion brochure from Hotel Equatorial, Penang today. Though just a brochure, I felt really happy looking at all the gorgeous food photos and reading about the promotions. I always have a soft spot for Hotel Equatorial, a place popularly known as EQ. I guess this fondess should be due to Kampachi, the Japanese restaurant at Equatorial which I believe (and many agrees) serves the best Japanese buffet in Penang...

Flipping through the brochure, I remembered all the luxurious meals I've sampled at EQ. To me, EQ just does everything in style. I'm full of praises over this place. I may be bias, but don't take my word for it. Do try it out this Christmas or New Year to see if you agree with Rabbit ;p...

I wanted to share the nice photos and promotions with all of you because it made me so happy. So, I scanned and edited the brochure to put it up at this blog. Sorry the fonts are a bit small though...

24 DECEMBER 2005
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

25 DECEMBER 2005
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

31 DECEMBER 2005
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 JANUARY 2006
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Incase you'd like to make a reservation, please call 604 - 643 81111
**Rates are subject to 10% service charge and 5% government tax

EQ's Gourmet Shop is also offering a lavish selection of delectable food gifts like chocolates, cookies, pastries, turkey and wine. Call in for further inquiries.

Hotel Equatorial, Penang

1, Jalan Bukit Jambul, Bayan Lepas,
11900 Penang, Malaysia
Tel: 604-643 81111
info@pen.equatorial.com

15 Comments:

Blogger NKW said...

are you somehow connected to those hotels?

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger boo_licious said...

I love Equatorial in KL! We used to frequent the chinese restaurant there until their chief chef retired. Only been to the Penang one for coffee, sadly no time to eat the Japanese food there.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger babe_kl said...

the hotels in KL are charging arms and legs for their celeration meals!!! we called a few up last nite to find out then we gave up

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

ok. i did your meme liao
have a look

hehehehehehe......

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger lakeside girl said...

Gosh i feel so hungry now... Beautiful pictures there.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger day-dreamer said...

Rabbit... belanja me go there to makan puas-puas, can? :D

By the way, you're tagged! Click here for more details...

I still remember your tag. Just give me more time to think about it. That is really hard, for a food-lover like me. Hehehe.

Wednesday, 21 December, 2005  
Anonymous Rorie said...

Gorgeous - you're making me very, very hungry!

Wednesday, 21 December, 2005  
Blogger babe_kl said...

have a blessed Christmas!

Friday, 23 December, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

NKW,
Haha, no. I'm just one big fan of Equatorial, Penang : )...

Boo,
I'm glad we share the same opinion : ). Apart from Japanese, I also love the French restaurant called The View... really nice.

Babe,
Hehe... this, I cannot deny. Arms and legs and necks and head... sometimes it can be hard to part with $$$ when you feel that it is not worth it...

Jelly,
OK, thank you... going to your blog now...hehe

Greenapple,
Me too. I feel hungry whenever I look at the brochure... :p~~~
Eh, still owe you memelah... aiyoh, think cannot finish by this weeklah.. have some holiday cooking to do. I try next week can? So sorry...

Dreamer,
Sure can. I belanja, you payloh... hehehe... so soi this Rabbit hor?

Rorie,
Hahaha. Better don't over eat this Christmas... love the food but we don't want the calories now do we?

Babe,
Thank you. Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year 2006 to you.

Friday, 23 December, 2005  
Blogger Penang Podcast said...

will that be ok if I invite you to be on my show to introduce Penang's food?
Anyway, wishs everyone a Merry X'mas & Happy Holiday..

Saturday, 24 December, 2005  
Blogger Chen said...

Can anticipate a huge crowd during those periods, I mean for the celebration meals (and surely more expensive as well). So, I will prefer to go at some other time, not during the festive seasons :)

Saturday, 24 December, 2005  
Blogger  said...

can see myself drooling already...

Saturday, 24 December, 2005  
Blogger JoeC said...

Have a lovely, fun and cozy festive weekend there! May there be many many happy returns in this merry season.


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Cheers!

Saturday, 24 December, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Penang Podcast,
Thanks for the offer. I'm afraid I'm not ready for that : ).
BTW, Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Doc Chen!
Yalah, sure crowded one...
Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Chamber of thoughts,
Thanks for dropping by. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year ok?

Joec,
I see you have become santa. Haha. Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!

Sunday, 25 December, 2005  
Blogger domestic rat said...

Hmmm... I love the Jap buffet at Kampachi too! Maybe we were there on the same day. I just went 2 wkends ago.

Thursday, 05 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home