Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Monday, December 26, 2005

Back to Work with Choc Chip & Nut Cookies

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Many of my colleagues are still a holidaying but not me. I'll be going back to work tomorrow. Dreading the thought of this, I decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies to coax and encourage myself to go to work tomorrow.

Chocolate chip cookie recipes are a dime a dozen. I know there are plenty of good ones out there but I randomly picked one from one of my mom's old magazine called Her World Cookbook which was probably published in 1993 just for the fun of it. The recipe is called Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies.

Unfortunately, the cookies weren't as tasty as I'd expected it to be. It recieved borderline feedbacks from my siblings with additional comment that the cookie dough taste kind of normal. Anyway, here's the recipe if you'd like to try it for yourself...

Chocolate Chip & Nut Cookies

Ingredients A:
200g butter
90g icing sugar, sifted
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

220g plain flour, sifted with 15g cocoa powder
70g chocolate chips
70g toasted cashewnuts, coarsely chopped

Method:
Cream Ingredients A till light and fluffy. Fold in flour and cocoa mixture, chocolate chips and nuts till well-mixed. Grease a baking sheet. Divide mixture into small lumps using teaspoon and place on baking sheet. Bake at 170 degree celcius for about 20 minutes till cooked and golden brown. Remove and leave to cool before serving.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. friends say I am "nutty" enough so can you please make the next batch of cookies, without nuts !!! (hehe) I love your blog - can I mention it on one of my blogs - 21 21 21 Blogs ?

Monday, 26 December, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Hi Kelvin,
Haha. Thanks for dropping by. Sure, you can mention it at your blog : )

Monday, 26 December, 2005  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Yum! I love choc chip cookies. Aiyah, I have not done your meme - I feel like a naughty schoolgirl who did not do her homework. Promise to finish this week.

Tuesday, 27 December, 2005  
Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

lolz...what was Boo thinking....

Send some over on ur next trip here Rabbit. Love my choc in cookies, cakes and drink but not the choc itself..weird eh ?

Tuesday, 27 December, 2005  
Blogger Penang Podcast said...

i love chocolate so much... look so delicious...

Tuesday, 27 December, 2005  
Blogger  said...

ahhh...i can't help feeling hungry each time i visit your blog...happy new year btw!

Wednesday, 28 December, 2005  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

:P
happy new yummy year...

Wednesday, 28 December, 2005  
Blogger rokh said...

looks really yummy!

Friday, 30 December, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Boo,
Take your time... teacher also not yet completed her homework for the headmaster (blogger greenapple)yet. Hope it don't go over new year ;p...

Food-sifu,
Like choco in food but not the real thing? Haha, a little weird but this is acceptable since you are my sifu... ;p

Penang Podcast,
Thanks... hehe. You can make it too, the recipe is quite easy ; )...

Chamber,
Thanks. Happy New Year! 1 day to go till 2006. How time flies...

Jelly,
Yummy New Year to you too. Thanks for the info about the camera. Really appreciate it veli verli much! Haha...

Rokh,
Thanks. Yummy New Year to you. May you be ever more tham jiak in the year 2006 ;p...

Saturday, 31 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home