Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A banner for me blog...

I thought of giving my blog a little more Penang identity. So, I decided to create a banner! I simply close my eye and picked a photo and then use Adobe Photoshop 7 to edit it. I used neon filter to achieve this kind of effect...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was the photo I choose...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And voila! This is the finished work of art...

Somehow, I'm still not satisfied with the end product. Maybe I'll change my banner from time to time to make my blog more interesting...

Uh oh! I have been tagged to do 23/5 meme by Plum from My Favourite Plum...

7 Comments:

Blogger Greenapple said...

great job! i love your banner, and i did't know photoshop can do a great job like that. i ought to play with it someday later too ...

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Rabbit - Can you please share the HTML code with me? I am looking to change the banner too and I am hopeless at anything IT.

I love the banner esp with the neon filter. Btw, I added your coverage of the Penang Ramadan bazaar as a link on my blog.

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Greenapple,
Thanks. Please try it! Photoshop is really cool..

Boo,
Thanks for the linkage! I saw it already!

As for banner...
No tags needed. Under settings, in my blog template, I just replaced the URL of the image called 'top.gif' with my banner's URL. Maybe you can find this image and replace it too.

But, it may be different from template to template. If you don't have 'top.gif' (or such like images), maybe you can Carefully insert an image onto the top of your blog template...

All the best!!!

BTW can't put in any example codes here, the post don't accept it...

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Boo,
Just had a look at the codes for your template. It is different...

Maybe you can play around with these images in your template (under Page Structure). Dunno if it'll work, but you can try ; ). Remember to take care!...

http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_3dots.gif
http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  
Blogger Chen said...

Rabbit,
Well done, nice job ;) Really fantastic :D

Thursday, 13 October, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Doc! Thanks for your compliment... very tired and busy lately because of this blog! But it's fun!

Tuesday, 18 October, 2005  
Blogger Chen said...

I can see u indeed put lotsa efforts into this :) Keep up the good work. Enjoy reading your posting & the nice picture :D

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home