Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sushi King RM 2 Promo Report

Last Monday, I went for sushi at Sushi King. I went because my colleague, Mr L (the guy who said moon cake festival is like Valentine’s day) informed me that there was a promo going on for Sushi King members, only RM 2 for every plate of sushi.

So, after work that day, my siblings and I drove to the branch at E-Gate (nearby Tesco). We choose the E-Gate outlet because it had just opened. From a far off, we already saw people lining up outside the restaurant. In the restaurant itself was crowded and full of people too. But I wasn’t too surprised about this cos Mr L had already warned me earlier about this…

We then decided try our luck at the Sushi King outlet at Bukit Jambul. When we got there, some people just left and we had good seats!!! Spent an hour an half there eating. It was nice sushi but my brother kept complaining that there were not much variety that day. I noticed this as well, there were not much variety during the promo.

From top left, tuna mayo sushi, ebi (prawn) sushi, futomaki (thick roll sushi), california roll, potato salad sushi (with edamame on top-cute!) and sake (salmon) sushi...mmmm

Every now and then, they would put out a few of the purple and red plate on the kaiten belt. We were lucky enough to get 2 plates of unagi (RM 6 - purple plate) and 1 plate of smoked salmon sushi (RM 5 – red plate). The rest we had were mostly pink (RM 4) and beige plates (RM 3).

The precious purple plate unagi sushi!!!

The red plate smoked salmon sushi. This is a bit too salty for my liking...

There were also blue plates (RM 2) but no one would take blue plates cos not promo price. The Malaysian mentality is always eat to ‘untung’ (Malay word for profit) and not to ‘rugi’ (lost) you know…; )

At the end of the dinner, I was a little disappointed cos we didn’t manage to get more of the unagi sushi. But just have to understand that this is a promo and if everyone gets unagi sushi, Sushi King will become bankrupt. At that moment in my heart I thought, next time I’ll go to Equatorial Japanese buffet and eat ‘puas-puas’ (eat all the sushi I want). They may not have unagi there but they have salmon skin sushi which is just as yummy!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jellyfish said...

this is nice...
u mean throughout Malaysia? and for how long?

if still valid, must inform my colleages tomorrow d, hehehehe...

Wednesday, 21 September, 2005  
Blogger Chen said...

Sushi is one of my favourite ;)
I like to eat Japanese food as well..
But I haven't go to Sushi King for quite some time already..

Wednesday, 21 September, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Hey jelly, nice to see you here...

Sad to say that promotion ended last week. I think it only lasted a few days and you need to have sushi king member card to get discount... can pinjamlah...

You are a fan of sushi?

Chen, sushi and japanese food is me favourite too!!

Thursday, 22 September, 2005  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

yea.. sometimes my colleauges and I will have our sushi lunch in Leisure Mall, KL.

I still couldn't figure out the names of the sushis nor remember any (must have got connection with my History paper scored F9, kekeke...)

as well as some kinda egg thing in a bowl, the fried vege stuffs which are not available from the conveyour belt. :P

Thursday, 22 September, 2005  
Blogger Chen said...

Glutton Rabbit,
FYI, jellyfish is the hampalang sapu type of person.. He eats & sapu everything ;) He even eat his own kind, jellyfish as well :D

Friday, 23 September, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Jelly,
History F9? Haha... You are very honest.

Steamed egg in a bowl is called chawan mushi and fried vege dish is yasai itame...

Chen,
Haha.. Jelly is Hannibal the canibal...

Saturday, 24 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u r such a glutton do u hv tao restaurant's no.. n can i pls hv it??

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home