Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Restaurant Kampachi, Hotel Equatorial Penang

On the week before 'merdeka' day, I was at the Japanese restaurant in Hotel Equatorial. I went during the weekend buffet lunch. The place was really crowded and there were quite a good variety of Japanese food to choose from. The main dishes are sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki, tenpura, sukiyaki, okonomiyaki, oden, zaru soba, chawan mushi, tori katsu and a few more. There's also Japanese style salad, pickles and miso soup for starters. And for desert, green tea ice-cream, zensai, cakes, mousse and puddings.
Kampachi business hours... buffet lunch are on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30am to 2:30pm.

Japanese alchoholic beverages decoration at the entrance...

These are dorayaki or grilled gongs with the word Kampachi printed on top. The ones at Kampachi taste really good! Comes in two fillings, anko (red bean paste) and peanut butter...yum. If you watch Doraemon, you will know that these are his favourite!

I'm such a fan of this place. Too bad I was too engrossed with eating till the I didn't manage to get a good shot of the sushi. I was really dissapointed with my gluttony... Anyway, I made a little photo album out of the shots I took at Kampachi for sentimental sake. You can visit it at http://www.geocities.com/gluttonisland/EQ-Kampachi.html. For best experience, close the geocities advertisement and turn on your speakers. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home