Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Passembur the Indian Salad

'Passembur' is one of my favourite hawker dishes! Passembur is also known as Indian 'rojak' (salad) consist of shredded vegetables like cucumber, chinese turnip and bean sprouts, fritters, prawn crackers, fried tofu, boiled potato, boiled egg and cuttlefish. And all these are tossed in sweet and spicy salad dressing is made of sweet potatos.

You can get good passembur at the Gurney Drive hawker square. Here, you get to pick stuffs for your passembur like prawn fritters, fried crab, fishball or other goodies... but do choose carefully because the grand total can really shock you! Depending on what your choose, one plate of passembur can easily cost RM10 or more!

That is why when I am on a tight budget, I'd like get my passembur from hawker stalls where the price is already fixed. This type of passembur cost only RM 2.50 to 3.00 per plate. The taste may not be as good as the ones sold and Gurney Drive but it is not too bad at all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home