Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Old time kopi-tiam at Cintra street

I saw an old time 'kopi-tiam' (coffee shop) at Cintra Street while buying 'bak-chang' glutinous rice dumpling on the opposite side of the road. Took a photo of it and used Adobe Photoshop to turn the photo into grey scale. Love the effect... the kopi-tiam photo looks really antique...

Kopi-tiam is actually the Coffee Bean or Starbucks of yesteryears. You may laugh at this remark but it is true. Today, kopi-tiam is mostly popular among the old folks. The younger generation would prefer a more modern and classy place to have their coffee...

Kopi-tiam in black and white...

Kopi-tiam in full colour...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice shot... never thought i would see my grandfather's coffee shop picture appear on the www...


steffi

Tuesday, 20 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home