Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Moon cake packaging trend

For every four moon cakes you buy, you get an elegant casing or box for free! Now I sound like a moon cake promoter...

I've been observing moon cake packaging for the past few years and I must say that the design is moving towards Japanese style and motives. This is good because, Japanese place a lot of emphasis on the packaging of their products and the presentation is usually very impressive. How impressive you may ask? Well, they can make you buy ordinary tasting biscuits just by looking at the box...

Four moon cakes in a box with Japanese or Chinese like painting. To me, the colour and display of the font's suggest Japanese flavour...

Oversea brand moon cakes are presented in a tin box with design and motives that suggest a Chinese taste...

Moon cake box made out of wooden material with dandelion motives. The arch or fan thing in on the box, gives it a Japanese feeling...

Japanese loves dandelions...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chen said...

Nice packaging..
But this will no doubt increase the price of the mooncake as well :P

Saturday, 17 September, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Yeah, you're are right! It's already very expensive now...

Sunday, 18 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely, the ones I bought have little plastic window things in the middle/

Wednesday, 26 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home