Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Monday, September 26, 2005

Meet Pohpiah's sister... Pie-tee

Hi. I’d like you to meet a friend of mine. Her name is Pie-tee and she’s a sister of Pohpiah. She’s prettier than her sister don’t you think so?

It’s amazing how both sisters being brought up in the same Nonya family and made out of the same ingredients can have two different personalities. Anyway, I think Pie-tee has a better fashion sense than her sister.

I prefer Pie-tee’s delicate crispy skirt to her sister’s crunchy sarong outfit. Pie-tee is the feminine type. She loves to make herself pretty all the time. You can tell by the way she decorates herself with bits of crab, omelette, tofu, fried shallots and chili sauce…

But don’t get me wrong here. I’m not putting Pohpiah down. She’s pretty too. She’s got her own beauty, her own style and she’s an athlete. You should see the way she swims in hot oil. It’s really impressive…

Between the two sisters, both are great and it is hard to say which is better. It’s a matter of personal taste actually…


Pie-tee's wardrobe of delicate crispy skirts made out of moulded
fried batter which takes a lot of skill to make...

12 Comments:

Blogger obachan said...

Gee, pai-tee's skirts look so delicate and nice. Yeah, it must take a lot of skills to make them.

Monday, 26 September, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Bachan! Youkoso!
This is how Pai-tee's skirt is made. The iron mould is heated in oil, then dipped carefully in batter and then back into the oil again. The batter gets cooked and slides out of the mold... and you have a pleated flair skirt just like a japanese school girl's uniform ; ).

Monday, 26 September, 2005  
Blogger Greenapple said...

Hey, great post! I like the way you wrote it from pie-tee's perspective, very creative. And your pie-tees look so cute! i wish i have the mould so i can make some ... too bad ...

Monday, 26 September, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Hi greenapple,

I'm glad you like my post. You have a great site as well!

I hadn't really tried making pie-tee before. I'm thinking of buying a mold to try out. Would you like me to get you one?

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

i wanna try ur pie-teeeeeeeeeeeeee
yumyum *drolling again*

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Wow! Can I take lessons from you? I like the way you refer to pohpiah and pietee as sisters.

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005  
Blogger Julie said...

i like ur site! ^^

n glad to know tat u r a jap food lover too.. ^^

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005  
Blogger Chen said...

wow.. nice story leh...;)
I'm amazed :D

Wednesday, 28 September, 2005  
Blogger babe_kl said...

ooooo yumyum but yr version kar liew wid crabsticks

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger fooDcrazEE said...

err.... when can we taste the food. Salivating liao!

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Jelly,
Bite into the monitor haha..

Boo_licious,
Tnanks. I bought these pie-tee cups from a local market. I guess I need some lessons too ; )...

Julie,
Thanks. Yeah! We can form a nippon gang together ne...

Doc,
Thanks for the compliment. Hehe...

Babe,
This is Glutton Rabbit version. Hehe...

Foodcrazee,
Glad to hear that ; p~~~

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger truth said...

I wish I can eat that !!!

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home