Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Kingyo-yaki the little grilled goldfish

These goldfish shaped cakes are called 'kuih bahulu'. It is a kind of grilled Malay cake made mostly out of eggs. The cake reminds me of the Japanese grilled sea bream cake with red bean filling called 'taiyaki'. I bought these goldfishes from my hometown Alor Setar at the Malay market called Pekan Rabu, which a place where Malaysia's former Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir used to sell 'kuih' or snacks when he was a little boy...

Pekan Rabu also known as Che Det mall...

Local snacks and biscuits...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home