Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Famous Seremban siew-bao (barbecued pork pastry)

I wen't to a nearby Chinese pastry stall today to buy some Seremban 'siew-bao'...
I simply love it. This food is made popular in Seremban. It is made of sweet 'char-siew' or chinese barbecued pork wrapped in a crispy pastry into a dumpling shape. I looks like the bake rendition of 'char-siew bao'...
I also bought some Portugese egg tarts. Unlike the Hong Kong egg tart, the egg custard in the Portugese tart is baked till golden brown around the edges. I guess that's what makes it look so appealing. Taste real good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Russ Clay said...

I''m familiar with this subject too

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home