Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Saturday, September 03, 2005

The famous Penang laksa...

I seem to be addicted to the 'Penang laksa' at Air Itam. I keep returning to eat laksa at Air Itam these few weeks. There are so many laksa stalls at Air Itam claiming to be 'the one'. Don't be decieved by them! The one sold in a house at Jalan Rambutan opposite Fairy Heights flat is the infamous one!

Note: Penang laksa is dish of rice noodles served with sweet, sour and spicy fish broth granished with mint and salad leaves, chillies and prawn paste. Laksa is an acquired taste. Beware, some foreigners may not like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger skerrie said...

Ooh, yums! I must try it one of these days, although I reckon the best Penang laksa is my Auntie Ooi's homemade version.

I live in Singapore, but spent my childhood in Penang. In fact, my family and I will be driving up to Penang this Saturday for CNY.

What other good eating places would you recommend?

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home