Pearl of the Orient

This blog is inspired by the rich cluture and food found in Penang, an island in Malaysia known as the Pearl of the Orient. The author of this blog is Japanese influenced and she enjoys travelling, cooking and ofcourse, eating.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Penang, Malaysia

I'm a little plump rabbit who lives in Penang. I hop around with a camera round my neck snapping photos of Penang and foodstuffs. If you meet a rabbit like that in Penang, that should be me ; )

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Cooling down with agar-agar jelly

The weather had been rather warm lately. It was so hot that I think it was possible to fry an egg by the sidewalk. During this weather, it is always best to cool down by drinking lots of water and taking lots of fruits. Another fun way to cool down is to eat 'agar-agar' jelly! I took these photos at a little stall in Relau selling cut fruits and jellies...

Various types of jellies covered and cooled in crushed ice...

Cut fruits sold in packets cooled in crushed ice...

1 Comments:

Blogger BC87 said...

I use to eat those things when I visited Thailand.

They tasted great

Sunday, 11 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home